My Blog List

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Old Truck Photography

These trucks are right outside of Taos, New Mexico.  My mom led me to these trucks. I think her art class had gone to look at them and she thought I'd have fun photographing them.  She was MORE than right about that!  Love, love, loved them!

 Turquoise Dodge



Okay, this next photo was inspiration for a little abstract painting.  I have painted about 1 picture in my life, but spending time in a place like Taos can really bring out the "artsy" in a person.  Sooo...my mom invited me over today and helped me try something called "abstract acrylic" painting.  I did some of the early work on this painting...but it was so messed up, for lack of better words, that I had my mom doctor it up a lot a bit so as to not waste a precious square of canvas.  But I was inspired...and I learned something new (which I like)...I've even been searching through the Cheap Joe's Art Stuff catalog contemplating some acrylic paint purchases!  And, No!  I don't need another hobby!


This next shot is my personal favorite.  I'm going to frame this one.  I couldn't resist playing with this a little in my editing program...made it look like an old black and white film photograph.  I love the color shot best though - the gorgeous turquoise color just can't be beat!

Colorful GMC
This beauty must be the great, great grandfather of my 2003 GMC Yukon XL...all the more reason that I loved it!



Chevrolet

No comments:

Post a Comment