My Blog List

Friday, September 16, 2011

Found Cameras (isn't that what Pottery Barn would call them?)

I was super excited to get out of bed this morning!  Why?  Well, today is the start of the annual Folk Art Festival at Rock Ledge Ranch here in Colorado Springs.  I've gone to this event nearly every year for probably the past 15 years!  It's just fun to dink around and look at all the crafty stuff!  And the antiques!  Heaven for a girl like me!

And...look what I found!!!  For a loooong time I've thought it would be fun to start a small collection of old vintage cameras...and today I started that collection with these little gems (the first two pictures are the same camera - different views)!  Gosh - I would love to know who owned these at one point...and what did they take pictures of?  My mom told me that she used to take a camera similar to the "Brownie Hawkeye" to Girl Scout Camp with her when she was a little girl...so neat!


I've always thought it would be fun to take pictures of my Grandpa's and my Dad's old cameras (they were/are both camera buffs!)...I'm going to do this soon...it will be a father/daughter effort.  Then I am going to frame the photos and create a wall collage...someday, when I do this, I will post the outcome on here!  Until then, these photos of my Folk Art Festival Found Cameras (Pottery Barn, eat your heart out!) will have to do!  They are cool in black and white photography, too!


In other news...I've been waiting for 3 months for tomorrow to arrive!!  I'm going to Denver to take a photography class from KH Photography.  Her photographs inspire the heck out of me and I aspire to take photographs like her one day (soon, I hope!)  Part of the class is a "photo shoot" with an old truck...it's going to be unbelievable!  Check it out at KH Photography I will post photos of my "photo shoot" later this weekend...look for 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment