My Blog List

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkin Patch!





One of the things I love about being crazy about photography is that it gets me out!...makes me want to take an outing if only for the sake of taking photos!  Maybe this is how my idea of taking my kids to the Happy Apple Farm originated...I was hoping I could get some cute fall pics of the kiddos (I was the mom who decided not to order School Pictures this year, thinking I could do better...and, I can).

It's usually tough for me to get a good picture of all four of my kids together...all smiling...all with their eyes open and looking where I want them to.  Today was really no different.  It's also a little hard managing 4 kids, all their pumpkins and all of the A&W Rootbeer cans I bought them...all by myself AND expecting to get some good shots.  But I think I did okay today.  Oh, and there is a reason why there are more pictures of my two youngest girls...they LOVE the camera and are always willing to put on a smiling face.  My older two are usually rolling their eyes and giving me expressions like, "C'mon, Mom, can you please get this over with?"

Will, my oldest...very handsome kid (just like his dad)!

my adorable "middle child", Ellie

Holly, our 3rd kiddo (came packaged with our 4th).  I think I caught more light in her eyes in this photo than in any other photo I have ever taken of her.  She has kindof small, almond-shaped eyes and I often have a hard time getting good "catch lights" in her eyes.

and little Lauren (our youngest by one hour)!

I seem to be in search of a good barn door just about everywhere I go anymore.  I really, seriously wish I could have a collection of huge, colorful barn doors in my backyard.  As soon as I spotted this red one (is it true Barn Red?) I knew I had to beg my kids to hop in front of it...but at this point the kids were getting hot and tired from picking out their pumpkins and lugging them to the car.  Soooo...I bribed them!  With candy.  I told them if they'd stand in front of the door and let me snap a few pics then I'd buy them a candy stick from the little country store.  It worked...kindof.

Pumpkin Weigh-In!  All in all I think we bought close to 60 pounds worth of pumpkins!  This is a "Cinderella" pumpkin.  They look like Cinderella's carriage!  Tragically, this one is...stemless.  My daughter clearly doesn't have the appreciation that I have for the gorgeous stems!  The stems are almost the best part of a pumpkin!  If I was a pumpkin farmer, I'd leave a long, twisty, straggly stem on each of my pumpkins.  I was able to eventually get her excited about another pumpkin - this one just needs to be turned in to a really yummy pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment