My Blog List

Friday, December 2, 2011

Simple Christmas Decorating

Today Ruby the Christmas Dog (as she likes to be called during the holiday season) and I worked on some decorating.  I think it's adorable that when I'm home all day working around the house she follows me from room to room.  If I go upstairs, she goes upstairs.  If I go downstairs, she goes downstairs.  Dogs are precious!  Okay, so I ordered this fresh wreath from the Boy Scouts...I love the Scouts, but their wreaths leave a few things to be desired!  It came with three dangling white-coated pinecones and a stiff red ribbon.  I took it all off and added my own champagne-colored ribbon.  I love, love, love the look of the simple greenery against my pale blue (BM Gray Wisp) bedroom walls!


This chalkboard sits on the mantle in my great room.  Everyone can read it all day long!  I love to write inspirational-type stuff for my kids' sake...maybe if they read it enough times it will sink in, right?  The Elf movie is one of our family favorites.  Gotta love Buddy's hilarious (and sometimes inspirational) quotes!  I think I'm going to rotate through some of the movie quotes for the first couple weeks of December.  It might be a good reminder for me to remain as cheerful as a Christmas elf throughout this holiday season!


I was oh so inspired when I ran across this idea on Pinterest from apartmenttherapy.com  I've always had a thing for bottle brush Christmas trees!  When I was a little girl, I'd decorate my doll house with the little snow-covered green ones.  This picture makes me drool!  As soon as I saw it I knew I needed a whole collection of these special little trees.
Well, I started my collection yesterday!  I'm now the proud owner of two beautiful bottle brush Christmas trees.  Good grief!  They are so pretty!

Here's my little vintage-y tree with my little vintage balls on it...I love searching for these kinds of treasures at antique shops!
You can actually see me taking the picture in the above bulb!


I absolutely love decorating for the holidays!  It's one of my favorite things to do.  I always keep it simple (and kid and puppy friendly).  It doesn't take much...just a few simple Christmas touches! 
Happy decorating! and don't forget to put some Holly near your tree...this is my Holly...she will turn 7 (along with her twin sister) on December 14th.




No comments:

Post a Comment