My Blog List

Monday, December 5, 2011

Santa Claus Came to Town!


Santa Claus came to town today!  We woke up this past Saturday morning to the most beautiful snow falling.  Luckily it didn't stop Santa and Mrs. Claus from making the trek from the North Pole to the little town of Monument, CO for the annual Monument Small Town Christmas!  The kids got to sit on Santa's lap on the patio of the local Mexican restaurant (heat lamps included!) and we all got to crunch our feet in the white stuff!  It was cold...in the teens, so it was very squeaky and crunchy snow...my favorite!  We had cups of hot cocoa, too.

I took this falling snow picture by trying to focus on the snowflakes falling in front of the tree instead of on the tree itself...kinda tricky when the flakes are blowing around in a zillion crazy directions!  I think it turned out pretty!

This was the first year our son chose not to go up to Santa.  He's thirteen.  Last year he stood next to Santa, but this year he stood back with my husband and just watched his little sisters.  I loved seeing the smile on his face while he watched them.  As for me, I had a few tears in my eyes.
 I'm pretty sure he still believes...

No comments:

Post a Comment