My Blog List

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Farmer's Market Photography

Ahhh...August 31st...the last day of August.  Is tomorrow REALLY September?  It's hard to believe that summer is almost over...and I haven't even posted some of my favorite summer pictures yet!  So this morning I'm playing a little catch-up.  Last week my Digital Photography School challenge was to take a picture of one of my "addictions".  It's been a challenge to narrow it down to just one.  If you were to ask my children if their mom has an oddball "addiction", they will tell you that ever since I got to know my Canon 7D way back in May, I've had an unusual hobby of taking pictures of fruit. I love taking pictures of food, in general, but taking pictures of fresh fruit in beautiful bowls really does something for me!  And, yes, I've been breaking the bank account by purchasing random bowls (I have a few very favorite ones from Anthropology).

Even though I already have numerous photos of fruit taken throughout this past summer, I wanted to do the assignment right and take the photo THIS week, during the week of the assignment.  This photo came about last weekend while my mom, daughter and I were at the farmer's market in Old Colorado City.  I really intended to BUY fruit (and I did buy some), but I had too much fun snapping photos of all the delicious-looking produce harvested right out of our Colorado soil!

So, here's my "addiction" photo:  Cherries...simple bowls of cherries.  YUM!


Here are some other photos taken on the same trip!  I am a Colorado Girl, so Palisade Peaches and Rocky Ford Cantelope are up my alley!  Love, love, love supporting the local farmers (and pretzel makers)!
I LOVE these baskets of beans!Well, I hope you enjoyed these!  Have a happy, fruity, vegetable-y kind of day!

1 comment: