My Blog List

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Campin' at the Lake

This summer we found a great campground located just a few miles outside of Grand Lake, Colorado:  the Green Ridge Campground.  We ended up really loving it!  The campground is situated within short walking distance of Shadow Mountain Lake, making it super convenient for the family with a boat or canoe!  The quaint town of Grand Lake is one of my very favorite Colorado mountain towns, so I won't be suprised if our family heads back to Green Ridge over and over again!


Shadow Mountain Lake


A view of part of Green Ridge Campground from a road near the lake.


Our friends brought this rad canoe!  My kids got to go canoeing for their first time!  I think my husband and I will need one of these someday...


I must admit, I'm pretty proud of the following portrait.  I took this just as the sun was going down.  I think the lighting is gorgeous!  This is my friend's daughter...she's so adorable.  I love taking photographs of her because her bright blue eyes glow beautifully when photographed.  She's also a fairly willing subject in that she responds to my constant photography antics with huge, toothy (or not-so-toothy since losing a front tooth) smiles! 
ISO 125  f/1.8


A Simple Like Fruit camping blog post just wouldn't be complete without a picture of my beloved camp dog, Ruby!



I attempted a silhouette here, but didn't quite make it.


Now this is one I'm pretty proud of:  my first sucessful silhouette!
Taken shortly after the sun went down, I think it worked!
ISO 6400  1/166 sec.  f/9.0

 
I mentioned that the Green Ridge Campground is only a few miles away from Grand Lake, my very favorite Colorado mountain town (well, my favorite mountain town, period.)  We enjoyed a nice hike right outside of town, then hung out lakeside for a bit to let the kids and dogs play in the water.  I found this neat stack of boats sitting near the water.

Another adorable grin.

Lupine in Grand Lake.

I heart vintage campers!

No comments:

Post a Comment