My Blog List

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Backstage

Backstage...is a beautiful place to be!  I am a dancer, and have been for most of my life.  I love to dance!  I recently enrolled my little girls in the same dance studio I grew up in...and I also enrolled myself!  One of the more fun things I've done in my life is watch my little girls dance on a stage...and then dance onstage myself just a few numbers after them... my parents, husband and two other children watching from the audience.  The following pictures are from our yearly spring performance.  I had a goal of taking all my pictures without a flash.  While I wasn't so successful getting good shots of my girls actually dancing on the stage (much more practice needed) I think I got some pretty neat backstage pictures, specifically in one of the backstage dressing rooms.  There is something so theatrical about a performance center dressing room;  cement walls and floor, basic square mirrors outlined with naked lightbulbs and metal clothing racks filled with bright-colored sequin costumes.  I wish I had one in my house. 

A few of these shots were taken through a mirror...so fun! All pictures were taken using my 28-105mm lens.

ISO 1000  1/64 sec.  f/3.5

ISO 1000  1/32 sec.  f/4.0

ISO 800  1/83 sec.  f/4.0

ISO 1600  1/128 sec.  f/4.0

ISO 1600  1/256 sec.  f/3.5

ISO 1600  1/99 sec.  f/3.5

 
The next picture was taken by a friend in auto mode and the flash did fire.  I love this picture and had to include it!  I especially love that there is a little girl in the background practicing her arm postitions...just precious!

ISO 400  1/64 sec.  f/4.0



No comments:

Post a Comment