My Blog List

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Barn Door

It was back in March in the charming town of Crested Butte, CO.  That is when and where I spotted this incredible barn door.  It was a cold, winter day and my kids had just finished several hours of sledding.  No one was really in the mood for any more of my photography antics (I had already used up my allocation of "smile for mom" shots on the sledding hill).  BUT!...I kept the image of this barn door in my head and promised myself I would return to it in July during a planned family reunion.  Well, this past weekend I followed through with that promise!  I had a couple of cooperating kids with me and, luckily, I came away with a few good shots...and an even deeper obsession with this door (the contrast between the dark wood and the pale blue color makes my vital signs do weird things)!  If I had had the right tools along with me, I may have taken this beautiful door off its hinges, strapped it to the top of my Yukon XL and committed my very first property theft.  And then I would have hung it somewhere in my own home.

Isn't it gorgeous?

So are these kiddos!








How can it be that this cool red wall is housed right near my beloved barn door?
I might just need to move to Crested Butte and live on this street!




Dear Barn Door and Red Wall (and the adorable town you both live in),
     We will hopefully be back to visit one day soon.  And next time, we might coordinate our outfits for you!

Love,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment